Can I define quantity tolerances in my Receiving process?
You can enforce an upper-limit tolerance in the max quantity of goods that your users can receive compared to the original quantity specified in a Purchase Order (PO). The Receiving Tolerance is defined as a percentage (%) value.
If the Receiving tolerance field is empty, the control will be disabled, allowing your users to receive items, without any upper-limit control versus what was originally ordered. For example, if the Receiving Tolerance limit is disabled, and you placed a PO for 100 units, any quantity (i.e. 10,000 units) of that item can be Received vs. that PO.
If a Receiving tolerance is defined, your users will only be able to receive the amount specified in the PO + the Tolerance. For example, if the Receiving Tolerance limit is 20%, and you placed a PO for 100 units, only up to 120 units can be registered as Received.
To define a Receiving item tolerance:
- Head over to your account Settings (top right gear icon ⚙️)
- Locate the Advanced Settings subtab.
- Scroll down to locate the Receiving section.
- By default, the tolerance field will be empty (disabled). Enter the new desired value in the Item Tolerance field.
- Press the Save button on the top right corner of the screen.